• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm Almost there..need a bit of help though

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Misfit138

Running at 1.57v my clawhammer reached 10x250 2500Mhz 1:1 not QUITE stable per P95 CPU torture test on stock air..test fails after 30 minutes.At 1.525vcore P95 failed after 1 min...@ 1.55 it failed after 3 minutes.
(RAM passes memtest fine and is at 250fsb at 2.5-3-3-6.)

My question is should I bump up the core voltage another hair or am I on the wrong track? What is a safe max voltage guideline for the Clawhammer 3500?
RAM voltage is 2.7v.

1.7 is as much as you'll want to go on good air for 130nm processors like your Claw but it'll be toasty. On water you can push it to 1.8v but thats usually in excess of whats necessary. Much past 1.6v you don't see a huge improvement in most chips.

Moto7451 said:
1.7 is as much as you'll want to go on good air for 130nm processors like your Claw but it'll be toasty. On water you can push it to 1.8v but thats usually in excess of whats necessary. Much past 1.6v you don't see a huge improvement in most chips.

thanks moto...i'm at 1.62 now and very stable so far (1.5 hours p95 and counting)

i just didnt know how high was too high with this chip, just got it and im coming from a mobile barton..... :rolleyes:

thanks again

Back