• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What card to get

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evil_Eye

I finally deep fried my good old buddy , a Radeon 9000, in an accident which involved a can of compressed air and a stubborn ramsink. But now that it's gone, it's time to get a new video card!

I'm stuck between three main competitors the Radeon 9200,9250, and 9500. I can get these for a relativly good prices but, being that I am a light gamer, I want the best for my money. Which one should I choose?

-PS-
All of the cards do not have a suffix to them (SE,Pro etc) and all of them have 128 megabytes of memory. Also, I have been out of the video card loop for well over a year. Last time I checked the 9500 was pretty good, but i'm not so sure now.

For the love of god do not get a 9200. I have one and it's nice and what not for last years games but anything from mid 2004 and newer runs strained at higher resolutions.

I'd recommend a 9500 or saving a little bit more and getting a 9800 (which is sstill plenty good to today's games).

Back