• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

L1 bridges ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

demon-eater

okay i know there is a thingy about this somewhere on the page but i can't find it but anyway to do the pencil trick on a duron all i do is draw a line on the L1 bridges to make them connect and it should work if i did it right correct and if not i can erase it and try again??... im going to try the following after i shut down pull out my athlon and then pop in my duron which i have just penciled and see if my bios has new options..

That would be all you have to do. Just make sure that none of them are crossed:
___
___
___ = GOOD!
___

___
_\_
___ = BAD!
___

Just make sure you didn't short them, and you should be good.

As for your BIOS options, popping in a new processor won't open those options to you. The options should ALREADY be in your BIOS. If they're not, you don't have access to them. Perhaps it's a jumper or dipswitch that'll let you change your multiplier?

nah i don't think so i read the book a few times never read anything like that i just have a really stupid board.. thats what you get when you pay $50 apiece on ebay the boards name is Matsonic..

Back