• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shopping for New Card...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JPetrillo

I'm upgrading from the video card in my sig... a FX5700 Ultra.

What does everyone think of this card? It's only $164.00. Do you think the upgrade from what I got now will be worth the $164.00?

I gotta admit... I was happy with my card I have now, could barely complain when playing Doom 3 and HL2 on the normal settings. That’s really all I want to be able to do (play those games, as well as counter-strike on high settings without lag)

I was looking at the 6800GT but decided I don’t feel like spending that much, I rather stay down in the $200.00 range. So I really like this 6600 I'm lookin at now (the one I liked to above) and think I may buy it... what’s everyone’s input?

Thanks!

great choice, but get the XFX. trust me, better stock clocks, easier upgrade to aftermarket cooling, cuase of the hsi sink, mine oc'd to 1.17mem and 550 core, on stock cooling and temps never rose over like 72ºC

Hrmmm... yes in the last 15 minutes I've already learned the XFX is one of the best 6600's. This one has over 100 reviews on Newegg, and cost only $25.00 more than the 1st one I picked on my own (from the 1st post, the Aopen one)

I will be able to play Doom 3 and HL2 on high settings without lag??

yes. that card is the same as all the other xfx 6600gt's except that one comes with some bad games, that have no real use. the regular, non games version will be cheaper. alot cheaper, like 10 bucks.

Alright, so you think I'll be happy with the performance of the that XFX I linked then?

JasonDTM, hrmmm... $10.00 less for the Leadtek, same clock's as the XFX, and you say it o/c's better.

Keep this is mind:

#1. If I overclock whatever new vid. card I am going to get, I'm not going to push it nearly as hard as most you guys here do.... those days are just about over for me! So if anything it'll only be a small o/c.

#2. I'm not planning on doing any mods to the card what so ever (like rippin the heat sinks off to apply artic sliver) or buying any "aftermarket" mods like better heat sinks, ect.

Back