• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hl2 Help ! ! ! !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you know someone who has the game also you can try their cd3. Although if you told me your drive cracked yours I wouldn't be too quick to give you mine.

Can't you just download Steam and then enter in your serial #? Then it should download all of the necessary files....not sure though

When you run Steam, go to Browse games and then click "Register a product I already own", enter your CD-key and you're done.

I was able to download the entire game via steam even though my CD Key was a retail CD Key. However, someone said they were not able to. I guess the only way to find out is to give it a try. Good luck!

Yeah as long as you have a license to the game, it doesn't matter how you get the game. It doesnt matter if you download it over Steam or install is with CDs, the game is still yours because you have the cd-key... which is your license. This holds true to all Steam games.

Cracked centers on a CD or DVD are usually attributed to poor manufacturing.
Their process was probably off which created too much stress in the disk, thus causing it to crack in the center.
Unfortunately it happens all too often.
For a drive to crack the center of the disk, there has to be something seriously wrong, even if the cd was off center in the drive and the hub came up to meet the center-hole but missed, the disk should still be pliable enough to withstand the stress of the situation and bend slightly instead of cracking.

Verdict? ...most likely poor manufacturing ;)

Back