• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K8N Neo4 sound issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aeiou

new system- sound and other issues

I just built a computer for someone at work and am having one issue with it. I am trying to get the onboard sound working on it and it doesn't seem to want to work. Windows recognizes it but says that the drivers are not installed. I tried a few times installing the drivers (once with the included drivers and also with the drivers directly off of the website). It seems to istall fine execpt that at the end of it it says that the data is invalid and installation failed. How can I get it working?

Last edited:
I just tried booting into knoppix to try to see if it was a hardware or software problem. Knoppix did not have any drivers for the sound so it didn't work at all. I am thinking it is a software issue, but I'm not sure.

Would problems at windows installation have anything to do with it? When I was installing it and it was on the screen that is after the second boot and is copying files it asked for the cd. The cd was in the drive. I tried using another cd and it didn't work. I put the original back in and it seemed to work fine. I'm wondering if it missed something, though? It also seems to have trouble installing programs sometimes. It sometimes says that the file is corrupted, which I am pretty sure it is not.

Back