• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brother's in Arms road to hill 30???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goober35

Registered
Has anyone played it yet. Better yet has any one had a lan party with this game. Me and some of my friends are looking for a new game. Whe have beat the **** out of frycry so it is time to move on. How good are the graphics and sound. Is it realistic or is is on the phoney side.

from what i have read it is supose to be a kick as game. I will try the demo.

it gave me mixed feelings, played my friends xbox rental, aiming movement was quite slow and the whole team thing was rather cumbersome....nice idea but it just didnt gel the way it could have.

Zim2411 said:
In my opinion, it was not a good game. At all. Bad graphics, sound, twitchy controls, and weird gameplay. It's like a real time strategy game, mixed with a first person shooter, but it does neither of them very well.
I agree, I was looking forward to it for a while, but after playing the demo, I won't be getting it. It look and feels like they just ported it over from a console.

Leviathan41 said:
I agree, I was looking forward to it for a while, but after playing the demo, I won't be getting it. It look and feels like they just ported it over from a console.

Brothers in Arms uses the Unreal engine. So while it may feel like a port, it's not.

Regarding the graphics - I do think that when compared to other games using the same engine it does look a cut below them for some reason. UT2k4 and Republic Commando for example look a little better/sharper to me. However, this could be just that the Unreal engine looks better when used with Sci-Fi scenes and characters. With BIA our minds know what things should look like which could be revealing the flaws & limitations. This is the only possible explanation I can come up with.

Here is a link to another thread with good info about the game.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=375007

The game went to great lengths to replicate the actual terrain, features, and buildings. They used aerial photos and historic photos, plus they sent a team over to Normandy to survey the battlegrounds too. The vehicles, tanks, weapons, soldier's uniforms, and squad tactics were painstakingly replicated. The battles are historically correct too. This really happened in WWII. It might be a little too realistic for some people used to colorful graphics. Game play is not the normal mindless run and gun. You must think and out manuever the enemy to survive. Teamwork is required. The game is certainly not for everyone. I've only played the single player mode, so I don't know how well the multiplayer holds up. Hope this helps.

I hated that game. I don't know why I played it all the way through. The strategy was extremely repetitive. Have your squad provide suppressing fire and then you run around and flank the enemy. Totally boring. COD or MOH this game is not.

Needitcooler said:
I hated that game. I don't know why I played it all the way through. The strategy was extremely repetitive. Have your squad provide suppressing fire and then you run around and flank the enemy. Totally boring. COD or MOH this game is not.

Yeah CoD still beats the pants off BIA

I mean come on you cant really run a High speed server

4 player max LAMO multiplayer they shoudl have trashed the idea and started over before releasing it...

Back