• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dvd shrink running slow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
i just put my new 4ghz together last nite and just ran dvd shrink today
took me 17 minutes and it never got past 8k :(
somehow my [email protected] backed up a movie faster than my present rig.
both ide channels are on dma...
what am i doin wrong folks?

Was there lots of compression?
I have found on a new install of dvdshrink you have to go into the opitions and un check the low priority box.

On some DVD's my PC below will extract at 12.5mb thats it it tries to get faster but spins down to 12.5 all the time. But on some old DVD's it'll encode at 4mb only no faster it just depends on your DVD's not your system so don't worry.

i have a gig of ram, that should be plenty.
so i guess its all bout the dvd
btw, when i use dvd shrink i typically leave my system alone so priority shouldnt matteR?

It's not your system believe me it's the DVD's you can have a movie say like from today and it'll extract probably in 12mb in 5 mins. Then try doing a DVD from like 3 years ago and it'll extract at 4mb in 15mins it depends.

using the same DVD rive?
as said some movies are done differently - just got to wait ti out - and Yes, uncheck the "loq " priority option in dvd shirnk.

i can rip and convert a 7g DVD in about 40mins on a p4 pressy 3.2 @ 3.6 and a nEC 3520A with hacked firmware. then about 10 mins? for burning @ 12x

Back