• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

logitech elite keyboard driver error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

axegrinderbill

I've been trying to install the it222enu drivers for my logitech elite keyboard and all i keep getting is a "severe" error message saying "This driver is incompatable with this operating system. The device will still have limited functionallity." or something similar. I just got done doing a fresh install of XP pro and this was one of the drivers I was trying to install. I've done this many times before but this time it's acting up. Hmmm dunno what it could be?

Any help would be appreciated.

Looks like it uses an InstallShield installer and it's Windows version check didn't agree with the version of Windows being used.

When InstallShield installers give an error, you may see the word "Severe" be mentioned. That don't mean your hardware is bad or you having the worst error. For any error that's classified as enough for the installer to terminate.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

If the iTouch installation program complains about your operating system not being supported, do the following

1) Rename HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node

to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\aWow6432Node

2) Install the software without closing regedit.

3) As SOON as installation is done, rename the key back to its original name and exit regedit.

now it comes up as Logitech HiD-Compliant wtf?

Back