• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V333 Oc Wall?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sancho

System:Im running a xp mobile 2600 and a gig of TCCD DDR400

I cant seem to get over 160 on the frontside :bang head do I need more voltage? I cant even run the ram at stock speeds (above the board specs...)

This new ram isn't oc'ing any better than my 2100 I upgraded from

160x12.5 is crap :bang head

Ideas?

Sancho said:
System:Im running a xp mobile 2600 and a gig of TCCD DDR400

I cant seem to get over 160 on the frontside :bang head do I need more voltage? I cant even run the ram at stock speeds (above the board specs...)

This new ram isn't oc'ing any better than my 2100 I upgraded from

160x12.5 is crap :bang head

Ideas?
Your motherboard uses dividers to set the AGP/PCI bus frequency (it is not locked). I assume you are trying to set your CPU external frequency to 160/40. If so, that's most likely your problem. You are running the PCI/AGP bus WAY out of spec. First, try setting CPU external frequency to 166/33 (I assume your board has this option, because mine does). At 166, the divider of 5 kicks in, thus putting the PCI/AGP bus back to default speed (33 MHz). If this works, you can try to raise the FSB from there. Unfortunately, there is no divider of 6 on the board, so you may not be able to run your memory even at stock speeds of 200 MHz. I am running mine at 172x13.5 right now, and it works fine.

Back