• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hot glue gun works ausome for plexiglass!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diurnal

Registered
Yeah i know somebody probably already had the idea about the hot glue gun but it works ausome!!!!!
Put some on the back of my case and put the plexiglass back there and it sticks good.WOnt see nothing at angles, like with that tape stuff. Its cool my mom uses it and I cant believe im using it now. I feel like hot glue guns are for sissies.LOL
I guess im a sissy.

I just did a window mod for my friend with a hot glue gun and car door molding,it turned out really nice.Now im using it for all kinds of stuff,very handy tool computer modding

diurnal said:
Yeah i know somebody probably already had the idea about the hot glue gun but it works ausome!!!!!
Put some on the back of my case and put the plexiglass back there and it sticks good.WOnt see nothing at angles, like with that tape stuff. Its cool my mom uses it and I cant believe im using it now. I feel like hot glue guns are for sissies.LOL
I guess im a sissy.

True, but it's not nearly as strong as industrial strength double-sided tape. Not by far. You can pry off hot glue easily, but 3M's industrial double-sided tape will not come off without you mangling your case panel.

What happenes when you accidentally kick your case window a few times? It'll pop off, and maybe even knock a card out of it's slot, causing hardware failure. With 3M's tape, you can't get it out, unless you don't care about the case panel anymore, or have the proper tools to straighten out the panel.

Oh yea, and it's spelled "Awesome". :D

kick your case a couple times?:eek:
man you are ruff on your case!:(
I used a glue gun to attach my front brezel intake fan. It works great but i had to put it into a vise to get it off and nearly ripped the surrounding plastic with it too.
Great adhesive and clean.:D

No i dont have epilispy:D
Yea i hope i mispeled it , next time ill sign up for bookworm.com
forums.

There are 2 kinds of hot glue. Regular, this kind lasts longer because it melts at a vert high temperature. Then there is "low temp" hot glue, it's not permanent and removes easily if you make a mistake. If price matters, don't move your case much, and are prone to mistakes like I am, the low temp guns and sticks are better. The low temp glue sticks are about 1/4" in diameter, the high temp glue sticks are about 1/2" in diameter. Another benefit to low temp guns is if you accidentally get it on your fingers you don't have to wait a full minute for it to cool so you can peel it off your blistered skin. Trust me it isn't fun, its worse than hot oil.

i used a nail filler adhesive, i believe it was silicone, but im not sure.

its nice and transparent! no mess either...

the hot glue gun would be nice but it leaves those messy, annoying strings of surplus behind what you applied it to, i find that somewhat straining :eek:

Back