• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Out of scan range, 4600TI?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tenchi86

Ok well I first had this problam two days ago trying to run kotor on my PC. It will run for like 15 seconds then just say out of scan range and I can't do anything but close it through task manager. Same thing when I try to run Alien vs Preditor. This is a very old game so I am a little confused at this problam. My moniter can go up to 85 Hz at 1024 by 768 and that is what I used to play UT2k4 on before I got a 4600 TI to replace my 4200 TI. My specs are, prescott running at 2.8(not OCed), 512 ram, 500 wat blue storm, geforce 4600TI, and the moniter is a trinitron CRT (HMD-A200) on XP home. I am using driver 6.6.9.3 I tried installing the new ones but it said installation failed to find a compatible card. Any ideas on what I can do?

Edit: Also if it matters I can run 3dmark 2001se without any errors. Havnet tried any newer versions yet.

First: Try lowering you ref. rate. and or resolution.

OH and for the drivers for those cards? 45.23 are good drivers for the TI 4200/4600 cards.

Ill try those drivers a little later. (56k) Also I did lower the refresh rate and it gave me a few more seconds but didnt fix it. The main thing is I have run WC and UT2k4 on this pc for a long time with no issue with it running at this speed. So I am little confused at why this happens when I get a faster graphics card.

Yea it happened to me a couple of days ago, it seems my video card was running to hot, I installed a 80mm blowing across and now it works fine.

Ok that may work, because the ramsink on it are extremly hot compared to my other system components. I will rig up some better cooling tonight. As for the driver should I install a old driver even though it may not support things like the new DirectXs as good?

tenchi86 said:
As for the driver should I install a old driver even though it may not support things like the new DirectXs as good?
Yes because the TI series are DX8 cards anyway.A 40xx series driver is best for them. I like the 40.92's.

Back