• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

building custom plexi case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

damarble

I have decide I need to build my own case. It is to house 2 complete systems, both cooled by one WC setup. There will be a least 3 HDD & 3 CDD.

I am undecided on plexi or lexan, maybe some of both.

I think I've come up with a very unique design, using 3 vertical compartments. How does a 16" cube sound? And any estimates on the weight?

Last edited:
Here is a rough idea of what I want.

Front view
newcasefront.jpg

Top down
newcasetopview.jpg

Well, weight and size are not huge concerns, it wont move around much, and I want it big for plenty of air flow.

I still think I can make it fit in a 16" cube but 18" is acceptable. 18" across the front will give me 6" for the drives, and 6" for expansion cards. More than enough for my needs.

I dont see why the I/O connections would be awkward, it would look just like the back of a normal ATX case, but turned upside down.

damarble said:
I dont see why the I/O connections would be awkward, it would look just like the back of a normal ATX case, but turned upside down.
For some reason I thought your image had the motherboard mounted non-standard. So nevermind.

Back