• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG 6800GT OC + NV Silencer 5 rev2 ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TombKeeper

Is the arctic cooling NV5 rev 2 cooler compatible with the BFG 6800GT OC?

I need to know if anyone has that combo and if they had any problems with installation....

i think it depends on what version you have.....if you have the old verions with the seperate gpu heatsink and ramsinks it should work just fine....

however if you have the newer version like i do with the one piece gpu heatsink/ramsink then i think you are going to have to buy some ramsinks from newegg or wherever and add them urself....

the NV5 should still work of coures there is just that one added step to ensure max performance from your card.....

of course i oculd be all wrong here as i went with the stasis icestorm but im guessing its all the same.....

Yes, i have the one piece version. Copper looking with the 2 blue led fans...

ok found a pic....wasnt sure about the NV5 but it should go on just like ur current heatsink....once piece for gpu/ram.....

poorcontact.jpg

Back