• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp-120 with asus a8n-sli delux?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Could you post some pics? Maybe some instructions around the "tricky" part?

I am trying to decide between the XP-90c and the XP-120 and want to know what the issues might be with the XP-120. Issues I have read on other motherboards were:
1) interefered with video card
2) blocked memory slots
3) had to bend capacitors down
Did you have any of these issues or any other issues?

What fan did you use and what was the CFM/DBA?

[EDIT]Oh yeah and did you ever use a different HS? Do you have before and after temps? Just wondering how good these things really are. All I can find are reviews that test on Pentiums [/EDIT]

TIA,
John

Last edited:
It will fit...but it's really a pain to get it on..I have an A8N sli ndlx, with the thermalright xp-120 myself.
If you can wait till monday..i can make some pics... =)

I just installed the XP90C on my Asus A8V Deluxe and I couldn't be more pleased. Most reviews show only a 1-2 degree difference between it and the 120. I am using a a panaflo 92mm high speed fan and I ducted it to my side panel. There were no hassles getting it installed and my temps for my sig rig below have dropped from 46-48C idle to 36-37C idle. Good Luck!

Here's some pics of the XP120. The ram doesn't look like it gets by the heat tubes, but it slides right in. The fan is a Panaflo.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cool thanks, these really help!

So that first memory stick will fit past the heat pipes even with heat spreaders on them? I notice it's a little tight to the back of the case too.

I have an Antec P160 that came with a 120mm fan that I think might be a bit thicker that your led fans. So I may only be able go with the XP-90... I'll have to think about whether the XP-120 will get stuck on the exhaust fan..

troutbumoh said:
I just installed the XP90C ... my temps for my sig rig below have dropped from 46-48C idle to 36-37C idle. Good Luck!

troutbumoh, your before idle temps are a lot higher than mine. My ambient temp is 18-21C and my idle temp with stock heat sink is only 35-38C. What kind of heat sink did you have before? What is you ambient temp?

I am running 1.5375V during normal OC (2.5Ghz) and push it to 1.575 to get to 2.6Ghz for my video rendering. My current load temps even at 2.6Ghz run about 55-56C.

thanks,
John

1more thing,
Iv also heard that this requires a 24-pin psu, but that u can use a regular 20 pin. What would yall reccomend, to go ahead and buy a new psu or jsut wait and see what happens?

Get the new PSU. I had random posting problems, and when I first built it, the machine wouldnt even post. Save yourself a headache and just get a 24-pin, oh, at least 450 watts.

alrighty,
sounds good ty for that would have been horrible if my new comp wouldent post
any1 reccomend a 24pin psu?

wow
this site has better prices than newegg on alot of suff
ty u jstu saved me some money

Back