• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob Radiator Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

k0r34nguy

It seems like usually people have the fans intake air that is on the radiator. Can you have the fan exhaust air on the radiator? (I was wondering this because people mounted radiators on the back of their cases and I thought back case fans exhale air.)

the best setup is a fan pushing cold air in and a fan on the other side of the rad pulling air out. yes pushing air through is fine with pulling just a hair bit better

You can have your case exhaust air over the radiator, sure. Usually this doesn't happen, though, because case air is going to be warmer than outside air, and you want the coldest air possible going over your radiator.

Often back case fans exhaust air because that's the most efficient way to plan out case airflow, but I have a top rear fan that intakes. Nothing wrong with back fans pulling air in as long as you equalize everything.

Back