• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What version is the best P4C800-E dlx to get? v1 or v2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

microfire

I am in the process of buying a second hand P4C800-E dlx, which one I get is the question. I have a few possible ones I could buy. Choosing second hand since I going to have a go at modding the thing as much as possible

Which version is best, v1 or v2. I know there is something different about them, yet I have no idea what it is, all I know it is important and one of them is better than the other. Might have something to do with the mosfets.

Is there any other versions, eg. v1.1 ?

Im see that these are the boards to get for the big overclocks with s478, and great for prescotts (must have a excellent PWM), and another advantage is they are able to use an adaptor to Centrino cpus.
I want to push my EE alittle further, and I feel most certain that my poor AI7 motherboard is struggling absolute limits with 1.7v and the EE by nature drawing alot of current, especially clocked at 3.73 GHz.
I feel a better mother board may get me that extra bit higher and leave me with alot of extra features, that will come in handy at some stage.
I know for a fact the max AI7 memory speed with BH-5 is 237-240mhz, ddr booster or vdimm mod makes this board worse off. Otherwise if you don't need anymore memory speed with BH-5, the AI7 is great.
Thus the P4C800-E dlx will be able to take BH-5 much further with a booster or vmod (ive seen the results).

If anyone has a fully modded P4C800-E dlx they want to sell, I be interested, but your have to send it overseas. PM me if so.

I have a rev.1 p4c800-e dlx and it never lets me run my ram in dual channel (gskill LE's). I am going to be buying a used rev2 to see if it will correct the problem.

The board is great for overclocking, and I'm pretty sure Rev 2 was the better of the boards.

Back