Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.
Forum Jump

Experience with Razer mice

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 05-05-05, 07:13 PM Thread Starter   #1
GunnerMan

Experience with Razer mice

Well, I was lookin here at the Razer Diamond Back Plasma L.E here and it looks really sick and has some crazy specs. Bad part is its about 50 $$$. I have had my M$ InteliMouse Optical for like uhh what 4 years now, and it works well still and have gotten attached to it but I kinda decided its time to get a new one because that mouse is the center of attention at LAN partys as the most "ghetto" POS they have seen. Ok well I don't like my stuff called ghetto etc even though it is, so I went home lookin for mice. So I find this Razer, ahh perfect crazy performance and I am diggin the "plasma," would match my glowy keyboard well. I want the mouse but cant justify spending 50 for it so anyone had any experience with this series and is it really worth the 50 dollars?

8 Gb PNY 1333 RAM
Mushkin 240GB SSD (OS)
650W Antec PSU
Gunner :attn:
GunnerMan is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-05-05, 07:34 PM   #2
m3x1c4nj3w
Disabled

Yes, it is worth the $50.

The other option is the MX518
m3x1c4nj3w is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-05-05, 09:16 PM   #3
zip22

you wont be dissapointed.
zip22 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-05-05, 09:22 PM Thread Starter   #4
GunnerMan

Ok, well I should be getting some spending cash here in a few days.....so now to find it in stock, I guess ill bit the bullet if its really good.

8 Gb PNY 1333 RAM
Mushkin 240GB SSD (OS)
650W Antec PSU
Old 05-05-05, 09:24 PM   #5
deception``

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerMan
Ok, well I should be getting some spending cash here in a few days.....so now to find it in stock, I guess ill bit the bullet if its really good.
The Plasma Limited Edition is no different than the other Diamondback mice, save a few aesthetic features. If you do want that particular blue mouse, however, you'll need to pre-order and wait in line

deception``
deception`` is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-05-05, 09:32 PM   #6
zip22

yeah, you can only pre-order the plasma edition.

i wouldnt say there are no differences, there is a chance it uses a new version of the optical sensor that fixes a slight glitch (a pixel skip when you change directions). it also uses an IR LED, which could be either good or bad.
Old 05-05-05, 09:34 PM   #7
deception``

Quote:
Originally Posted by zip22
yeah, you can only pre-order the plasma edition.

i wouldnt say there are no differences, there is a chance it uses a new version of the optical sensor that fixes a slight glitch (a pixel skip when you change directions). it also uses an IR LED, which could be either good or bad.
They're identical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razerzone.com
While the Razer Diamondback Plasma Limited Edition is technically the same as its predecessors the Razer Diamondback Salamander and Chameleon Editions, the Razer Diamondback Plasma is a limited edition run to commemorate the first six months of the revolutionary Razer Diamondback line and the close to quarter of a million sold worldwide since its inception.
deception``
deception`` is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-05-05, 09:47 PM   #8
zip22

the optical sensor change is very slight, and wouldnt really be worth mentioning. its essentially an identical chip spec wise, and the only performance difference is the pixel skip. it is also an IR instead of a normal LED, which is a difference in my book
Old 05-05-05, 11:07 PM Thread Starter   #9
GunnerMan

Well the blue would match here and I like blue but if I need to wait in line forever it might be the red.... are they not making many or whats happening with them?

8 Gb PNY 1333 RAM
Mushkin 240GB SSD (OS)
650W Antec PSU
Old 05-05-05, 11:11 PM   #10
zip22

Quote:
Originally Posted by razerzone.com
Only limited quantities of the Razer Diamondback will be available for shipping from May 2005 so get yours now!
i dont think it would be waiting in line, just waiting for them to mail them.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.