• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tweak that worked wonders

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoPK!!!11

For a few years I've played many FPS games and eventually I found a great tweak that actually works and rises minimal FPS and generally makes gameplay smoother.

I can't go into great detail about this as I'm not very experienced with tweaks and so.

In device manager there's "computer" either 2nd or 3rd(laptop) down.
expand it, and there should be uni/multi processor PC,

I manually changed this to 'Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC' and had a dramatic improvement with many things, although I'm not sure what it did, but it's gave me some kind of legal speedcheat or something lol.

If anyone has more info on this, apprieciated, I've tried searching forum.

I mainly want to know if I'm running any risks using this.

Thanks.

People have known about this for a VERY long time....

I believe most people only use it for benchmarks, it improves performance but I've heard it makes your pc less stable, and produces more heat.

My computer won't boot into windows with Advanced Config on...

NoPK!!!11 said:
I manually changed this to 'Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC' and had a dramatic improvement with many things, although I'm not sure what it did, but it's gave me some kind of legal speedcheat or something lol.

how exactly do u manually change it?

jcw122 said:
how exactly do u manually change it?

right click My Computer,Properties, Hardware, Device Manager,expand Computer, update, click no, choose location (advanced), Don't Search I Will CHoose Driver to Install, then click the one you want...i take no responsibility if hal.dll gets corrupted :p ...btw im using ACPI Multiprocessor right now(updated from Uni), which is better...Multi or Advanced Configuration...?

What do the other options do? Anyone know? And why the hell would u choose Multiprocessor when u only have 1 processor? :rolleyes:

Edit: wonderful, I picked ACPI PC...and now i can only get the ACPI PC and Standard PC drivers now.... :rolleyes:...i did a bench mark using PCMark04, and it showed actually that this new driver decreased performance very slightly

Last edited:
jcw122 said:
What do the other options do? Anyone know? And why the hell would u choose Multiprocessor when u only have 1 processor? :rolleyes:

Edit: wonderful, I picked ACPI PC...and now i can only get the ACPI PC and Standard PC drivers now.... :rolleyes:...i did a bench mark using PCMark04, and it showed actually that this new driver decreased performance very slightly

rollback ur drivers

jcw122 said:

now try multi...i got like 400 points in aquamark on cpu by turning on Mutiprocessor, give it a try :)

strappleberry said:
now try multi...i got like 400 points in aquamark on cpu by turning on Mutiprocessor, give it a try :)

Do u have SMP? Do u have an Intel multi-thread CPU? Im just wondering this, cause if u do, it prolly isnt mean't for processors (Athlon 64) that dont multithread or ne thing.

jcw122 said:
Do u have SMP? Do u have an Intel multi-thread CPU? Im just wondering this, cause if u do, it prolly isnt mean't for processors (Athlon 64) that dont multithread or ne thing.

Nah, i have an athlon 64 3200...you're right that it probably isn't but i get better performance with it...

Back