• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec P160 and a Dremel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pakkapon

Registered
Hi all.

I'm going to get myself my very first dremel and drill later this afternoon when I wake up. The reason I'm getting these tools is because my BIP rad wont match the holes at the back of my case, so I have to drill 4 small rad holes. But the more I think about it, since I will be getting new tools and before I return them after I use them, why not do further modding. I was thinking about cutting a blowhole (heard it is not too hard), but sadly that is the only mod I could come up with. Now I have a small DD pump, BIP, gpu and cpu blocks, I'm wondering if there are any mods that would help my system run watercool more efficiently. Should I go dual rads? or one rad is good enough?

Feel free to share your opinion.

A little more info like what model pump, how is your rad mounted, especially pics, would be helpful. Its kind of hard to offer suggestions without more info.

Me too.........you bought them.........just keep them. I love my dremel. I have done lots of case mods with it. Cut a 120mm blowhole, Cut out half of my entire door ( with the help of a jigsaw) to make a window, cut out my entire front grill and added mesh for better airflow, and modded a hdd cage for mounting on the side of my case. I'd keep it not only because you used it but because it's useful.

pakkapon said:
since I will be getting new tools and before I return them after I use them
Its not just now that your gonna need your dremel, so keep it, and its not a good practice using and returning things after using it. :)

Yeah I can think of numerous non computer related jobs that would have been so easy with a dremel but they took like 30 min's with a sander or hacksaw lol.........just don't use the buffing tool on the dremel to polish your cars rims :D That didn't work so well hahaha.......can you say 15k rpms and the smell of burning polish?

The thing is Im leaving this country to Thailand, which use different voltage for eletronic equipments. Therefore, it is not a good invesment IMO, unless I can find one that can change the voltage setting like PSU. That would be way cool.

pakkapon said:
The thing is Im leaving this country to Thailand, which use different voltage for eletronic equipments. Therefore, it is not a good invesment IMO, unless I can find one that can change the voltage setting like PSU. That would be way cool.

isnt their some converter you can buy or something so that you can run american equipment in other countries :shrug:

shellshock said:
isnt their some converter you can buy or something so that you can run american equipment in other countries :shrug:

Yeah thought about that also. I got myself dremel set today at walmart. I'm gonna see if someone want to buy it, if not, I iwll just bring them bakc with me.

There sure is something like that, a voltage converter. I went to Bulgaria a year ago and had to get one. They are like $10~$60 (100W ~$10 to 1000W ~$60). Just be sure to get the right amount of watts for your device. I've seen girls blow enough of them out with hairdryers...

Fortunately for me, all my stuff (ipod, ipaq, electric razor, laptop) supported the voltage over there, and I only needed to use an adapter for the outlets most of the time.

Since I am in the Army Reserves and I have been in the middle east and back and some years go for training to Germany, I have weaned my stuff down to where most of the things I use daily are 120-240 compatible. I bought a basic voltage converter from Radio Shack that comes in handy. Stuff that is high voltage/wattage (like an iron or hairdryer) is better to just buy there, unless you spend the money on a higher wattage converter. Something like a Dremel probably doesn't actually pull much voltage, and you might have a time actually finding something like that in Thailand. What takes you Thailand?

Here is an inexpensive one from Radio Shack.
http://www.radioshack.com/product.a...name=CTLG_009_001_004_000&product_id=273-1413

A number of us had these in Kuwait and they worked like a charm.

I have the Black Ice Extreme and p160 case, and mounted my radiator to the fan with long screws....The BIP isn't the same size as the BIE?

Back