• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I use the Awardflash utility to flash the BIOS on an Ultra D board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozziegn

As the title says...

Would it be okay for me to use the Awardflash utility on an NF4 Ultra D board or do I need to use Winflash within Windows XP?

I'm asking this because I'm about to take my second go around with this A64 stuff with a 3500+ Venice and I wanna be sure to have the latest BIOS that supports the Venice chip.

but I'd like to be able to flash the board's BIOS before I install Windows XP which of course I'd need to do that in DOS. so this is why I'm asking if its okay to use the Awardflash utility.

any help will be appreciated... :)

Personally for me I would go the DOS route (AwardFlash) which is the original and best way to flash. I've also flashed thru windows with Winflash and never had a problem. I just thought winflash was an easier alternative.

My suggestion: Go with the method you feel most comfortable with. Just remember not to be overclocked when flashing.

Back