• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sjaak

After making good use of my sweet celeron 1Ghz for three years (see sig, #2), i found it time to buy a new laptop. Just went out and picked her up at a german store nearby, just over the border.

Specs:

- Dothan 1.5Ghz
- 1GB DDR333
- Radeon 9700 64MB
- 80GB hitachi 7200rpm
- 15.4" widescreen (1280*800)
- DVD+/- RW dual layer 8x burner

Costed me €1300, right now a bit over 1650 US dollars, but the dollar is rock bottom. Usually it's 1:1

The laptop is kinda large but not heavy, it's a good deal lighter then my old lappy.

It came with a german windows XP and AOL pre-installed, so i'm formatting it right now. Will keep this thread updated with pics and benchmarks as i go.

Attachments

• Laptop.JPG
    Laptop.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Just finished installing the OS, and all other programs + drivers. Insane, as soon as i got the wireless LAN up and running, it detected three available wireless networks in the area, one of 'em completely unsecured.

Now running 3dmark01, will post results ASAP, as well as 3dmark03 and probably sandra.

Last edited:
Futuremark:
3dmark01: 9481
3dmark03: 1217
pcmark04: 3010 (detected the CPU as 1Ghz)

Sandra:
Arythmetic: 6.5k MIPS / Whetstone 2k / 2.5k
Multi-media: Integer 14.5k / Float 15.5k
Seems to be on par with a 2.6Ghz P4A

Memory bandwidth: 2.3GB/s

Harddisk: 25 mb/s

I've removed all the benchmarks and stuff again...cleaned up the HDD and start menu, ready to install some games and serious software (ftp / dc++ lmao)

Last edited:
Back