• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i think my 2500+ Mobile Barton is fatally wounded

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Savage1

Registered
I started having problems about a month ago that I could never quite nail down. I was getting random reboots, I think were caused by a failing video card fan. However, after reinstalling Windoze 2000 Pro, I started getting Blue Screen of Death crashes, error was Driver IRQ Not Less Or Equal, physical memory dump to disk. It was also giving me a message at the boot screen saying my CPU settings had changed, or an overclock had failed.

Finally, after a long struggle, my BIOs probably became corrupted and the computer never booted again.

Yesterday, I got a new board identical to my old board. I eventually edged it up close to my old settings of 220MHz and 11X, which I'd run for over a year without any problems. However, at 200MHz and 10X, my flight sim either will not load, or CTD's. So, I decided to run SisoftSANDRA.

The memory benchmark runs like a champ, and even at 200MHz scores real close to what the rig scored with the old board at 220MHz.

Unfortunately, the CPU benchmarks have a very different result. Attempting a CPU benchmark results in an instant Blue Screen Of Death crash, with no physical memory dump. It takes a long time to reboot, and then I get the same ugly message on the boot screen, my CPU settings have changed or an overclock has failed.

My voltages are all good, same as they have been for the previous 1 year+ that this thing ran with ZERO reliability issues. I replaced only the board, with an exact duplicate. Nothing else has changed. the board even has the exact same BIOS, and the date of manufacture is wthin 60 days. :cry:

So, is the CPU fatally wounded? It is unstable at a good 20% lower speed than it was previously stable at. :cry:

Well if you were overvolting it a bit, it probably succumbed to the normal wear process.

it was a very mild over volt, maybe 0.15 over spec. It was NEVER hot, not even for a few seconds, it has never seen the high side of 55C. Oh well.

Back