• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My A78NX Deluxe Powers On But doesnt boot, help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prominance

Registered
Ok I just installed one of these boards with 2 serial ata harddrives and a dvdrw and cd-rom installed as primary on each parallel ata port. I have a 2800+ XP chip and 1 gig of ram with a ATI graphics card, Sound blaster audigy2 and hauppage tv tuner card. Now I have plugged everything in, all the led wires and power and reset switch and the power lead from the PSU to the board. The greem light on the board is solid green. Now when I power on the PC, all the fans spin up, you hear the harddrives spin up but nothing shows on the screen! I get no beeps at all, and my CD-Rom and DVD-rom lights stay solid, they do not flash or anything, they are just solid green. Anyone know what could be the problem? I removed the cpu to make sur eit was in properly, reapplied thermal paste and put it back in, I tried my 2 ram sticks individually, changed the slots they where in, I still get the same exact error.

Did you make sure to clean off the cpu of any thermal compound? The same thing happened to me and i thought i broke my mobo, but it was some of my as5 on some of the bridges of the cpu. Go figure...

Back