• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quietest psu ( ocz or seasonic or enemax)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rickyman

i have ocz powerstream 600 psu.

if i sell this psu, should psu i should buy ?

do you think this is a quiet psu or not.

my spec:

antec 3700 amb
intel P4 2.8c
asus p4c800-e
ati 9800 pro/xt
2 x sata hd (80 hd) raid 0
1 x 200 hd

i am about to go to WC system.

check out the reviews at silentpcreview. the seasonic is 80% efficient and an amazing p/s.

do you trust silenX psu and fan? it is really quiet at night when i go to sleep.

Wait for the Antec Phantom 500. Passive except when under heavy loads. Of course, the release date could be within the next 5 years so...

-1cem4n

the seasonic s12 (excluding the 500w and 600w models which use louder fans) is the quietest non-passive psu you'll be able to find with a good cable selection. beats ocz, antec and enermax when it comes to noise per watt, and is more efficient too.

rickyman said:
do you trust silenX psu and fan?

Don't know about the fans, but the PSU's themselves are designed by SilenX and built by Fortron-Source. I trust them, but the marketing claims of 14dB on those fans are rather dubious to me.

Doesn't get any better than Seasonic AFAIK if you want quiet, reliable, and efficient. I really haven't heard a thing negative about them at all.

Back