• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another Full Cover WB (GF6800)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eddy_EK

Official EK Representative
The idea for GF6800 WB came itself.
I like GeForces because of one-side placed rams and therefore I find it easyer to construct and make WB to cover the rams.
I got the inovatek WB few days ago in my hands and I took the distances between holes for mounting the WB.
The concept of WB is that where the high preformance coling isn't needed (rams) I will use aluminium. And for GPU processor I will use copper. The combination of material is mostly for the weight reduction and easier to work with.
The aluminium part of the WB is (will be) eloxed or nickel plated, therefore there will bo no conflicts with copper. The silicon gasket is used for sealing between copper and aluminium. It is resistant on temperatures till 250°C.
The block weights 405 g.

Any comments :)

Attachments

• FC4.jpg
    FC4.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 268
  • FC5.jpg
    FC5.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 209
  • FC2.jpg
    FC2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 190
  • FC7.jpg
    FC7.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 183
  • FC3.jpg
    FC3.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
looks good.....looking forward to seeing how well it performs....

also how big is it?? cant really tell from the pix if its small enough for sli....

ludeboy12 said:
looks good.....looking forward to seeing how well it performs....

also how big is it?? cant really tell from the pix if its small enough for sli....

If you cant mount barbs so they are facing either way (either screwed into the top or screwed into the base) then chances are it wont work for SLI.

couldnt you use an L shapped barb though.....hmm....well not sure if anyone makes one now....

well if those exist it could easily be implemented but how big is the acual wb still....

by the looks of it im sure it would at least fit on the asus sli board...

ludeboy12 said:
couldnt you use an L shapped barb though.....hmm....well not sure if anyone makes one now....

well if those exist it could easily be implemented but how big is the acual wb still....

by the looks of it im sure it would at least fit on the asus sli board...

Yeah there are 90 degree barbed x threading fittings. Im sure Mcmaster has some. But dont forget one barb will have to be short enough to alow it to thread/turn in when there is already one barb installed. PLus 90 degree fittings are no-no's b/c of the pressure drop.

Hi! I'm glad you like it :)
The WB is 19 mm thick (9mm Al, 10mm acr. top)
The 90° barbs would do.
If anyone has concrete question please contact me by PM oe e-mail. :welcome:

looks great :) one question though. wouldn't the water be able to flow over the central island part since it is not in contact with the top because of the rubber seals around the edge but not the middle? maybe i'm just imagining it or maybe it just doesn't matter

Beautifully made, Eddie.
Your flowpath through the copper section looks more efficient than the NV-68 that I have.
What does the retaining mechanism look like?

blt111 said:
looks great :) one question though. wouldn't the water be able to flow over the central island part since it is not in contact with the top because of the rubber seals around the edge but not the middle? maybe i'm just imagining it or maybe it just doesn't matter
No, there is nothing to be afraid. It is close enought.. Almost perfect fit :)

Eddy_EK said:
The 90° barbs would do.

I have one question, if they go on sale will they be cheaper than DangerDen's NV-68 which has an msrp of $124.95

PS, The waterblock looks really well thought out.

The sealing trick sounds interesting. I like the "diverging-converging" area where the water goes to the copper, similar to what I've been learning about aircraft radiators. Reduces drag.

Nicely made.

Silversinksam said:
I have one question, if they go on sale will they be cheaper than DangerDen's NV-68 which has an msrp of $124.95
Definitely, but the series will be limited.

have you considered making the flow conections straight instead of having a 90 digree turn? (which would also make it easyer for SLI.)

Eddy_EK said:
The 90° barbs would do.

does this mean ur a rep for whoever is making that thing? looks cool

EDIT: heh just saw ur sig...COOL! we got a new rep! :) welcome dude.

sunrunner20 said:
have you considered making the flow conections straight instead of having a 90 digree turn? (which would also make it easyer for SLI.)
That would require one of the layers (either the aluminum or the acrylic) be thick enough to accept the drilled/tapped holes.
Maybe the solution would be to just drill/tap both sides and use plugs to seal the unused pair.

do u still have to use the power regulaters heatsink? i see there is a narrow strip on the one side with holes

lithker said:
do u still have to use the power regulaters heatsink? i see there is a narrow strip on the one side with holes
At GT and Ultra there is not needed. It must be demontaged in order to place the WB.

Back