• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Konnan10101

Registered
I've got everything figured out for my water cooling setup except, the pump.

The waterblock i'm looking at is a D-tek White Water. I understand that this is a high pressure waterblock, and i think this means i need both a decent head and flow rate to make this water block work as it is advertised, (though i coudl be wrong about needing decent head and flow rate, i am very new to this).

The budget im on is kinda tight, and i dont really wanna spend more than $70 on a pump.

I would prefer to get this pump, because it is small, and 12v. http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=148 Though i do realize this might not be the best pump for this setup.

If you think this pump would work in my setup, or if you think thered be a better pump for my $50 plz tell me.

thnx

The pump looks like the Dtek version of the C systems pump.

I read some not so good reviews about them. $70 is a reasonable amount for a pump.

Check out the new D4 cathar has a post that goes over the main points.

Or the DDC 12v seems like a good choice.

If you're not bothered about it being DC, eheims are v.reliable no experience with the Hydor or Danners but I hear good things although the Danners need sealing or something.

Hope it helps

Later

Get a Via Aqua 1300 for 20 bucks and go buy yourself a nice steak dinner.

I really do recommend this pump, though; I've had mine running for nearly two years without a problem. I have heard they aren't as realiable as Eheims, however, so it's up to you.

Back