• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is my mobo dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrawlerZX

ok i have an ecs n2u400-a and 2500 barton winxp never o/ced. well i got it a year ago and around fall it started getting weird the computer just starts itself with out pressing nething so i went and turned it off from the power supply to keep it from turning on. then around winter time it started working perfectly without it turning on by itself. been workin since then until that is one night. that night i turned it off perfectly and the next day around noon we had a black out for how long i dont know. neway when i got home i heard the computer on but the LEDs are not on. so i checked it out, the fans were on which are an exhaust connected to mobo, cpu connected to mobo and videocard connected directly to power supply. they were all on. so i turned on the switch and nuthin happened. so i turned off the power supply and turned it back on same thing fans are on but mobo wont turn on. all my other parts are working fine xcept cpu not sure cause i got no way of checking it.

so whats wrong? and what mobo would u recommend as a replacement cause i came into the conclusion that mobo is dead. i just need a good cheap one that will not break on me what do u recommend.

Try using a different PSU before buying a replacement mobo. It could be the PSU.

Back