• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus a7m266-d ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ironxman

ok...i have the asus dual amd mp 2200+ overclocked and i was wondering if anyone else has the mobo ocerclocked ... ie amd amp 1700+ -- 2800+ ...please post back. i have my amd 2200s up to 1725mhz stock there 1600mhz please post back :bang head

I have 2 currently running. one is using xp 2400's 2100 mhz (they were at 23xx mhz)
and one with xp-m 2400's @ 2310. There are a few ways to oc. perhaps you should post your cpuid so we can have a look.

im kinda new to this i was just reading my manual amd i saw the jumper free mode ...then i started to turn up the mhz in the bios i kinda dont know to much but help me out i have the asus a7m266-d mobo with 2gb or pc2100 ram please help me!!!

do u feel adventurous?

check out the pin moding guide at ocinside.de they have guides to bridge painting and pin connecting (I did myn pin conecting that is, with a needle and some silver conductive paint)

http://www.ocinside.de/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

these guides will help you max the oc of the cpu because you have no other way to adjust multipliers an the fsb will max out ~ 150mhz

good luck.

edit changed ocinside.com to ocinside.de

I've got XP-Mobile 2400s at 2.26 GHz on my A7M266-D. Painted to 17x
I did need to raise the Vcore, I think to about 1.75

Last edited:
HOW DID YOU CHANGE THE VCORE FOR YOUR RAM I HAVE MY MOBO MANUAL IN HAND !!! IM REALLY READY TO TURN THIS THING INTO A BEAST!!!! :eh?:

ironxman said:
HOW DID YOU CHANGE THE VCORE FOR YOUR RAM I HAVE MY MOBO MANUAL IN HAND !!! IM REALLY READY TO TURN THIS THING INTO A BEAST!!!! :eh?:
The Vcore is for the CPUs. Page 20 of the manual shows how to set the Vcore using the four PO_VID jumpers. You can set the VCore up to 1.85V.

There is also a single jumper to up the VDIMM for the DDR. Refer to page 18 of your manual for the VDDR jumper settings. The VDDR can be set at 2.5V, 2.6V, or 2.7V.

Welcome to OCForums.

You might want to give us a better idea as to what it is you want to do. We can gather you want to OC it some, but what all are you expecting? What are your actual goals? How much do you know already? So we can have an idea as to what all we need to explain or show you where you can read on it to learn it all?
Need to know what you know so we can share with you what you want to know.

THANKS A BUNCH THATS VERY HELPFULL! i will be troubleshooting with you guys the next couple of weeks ... and what is cupid??? :cool:

heck we can go even further and let him change multipliers while in windows :burn:

honestly though. as far as regular BIOS settings go, you can only goto 150 on fsb. If youare looking to push the procs hard, there are other methods that need to be looked at. Like mentioned earlier you can pin mod, paint, but you can also blow/paint bridges on teh procs, and you can also through bridge modding, make them mobiles and open a whole new can of worms erm change the speed of the procs in windows :D

ok i did the cupid. and its reading core speed of 00 01 processor of 1725.4 and my multiplier of 12.5 fsb=138.0mhz and the bus speed is 276.0mhz i have a athlon mp voltage is set at 1.776 i have 2 gb of pc2100 kingston buffered ram in 512 mb... what should i up my voltage to ( ram and vcore) im max out right now cause of stablity any thing i should do to get it more satble?? thanks for all the the help ... you make a noob of ocing... to a novice... thanks for all the help guys

bump can anyone help me i would like my comp to be more stable so i can make it out with out the pin mod??? what voltage should i set it to to get stablity high!?!?!?!? i downloaded cupid results up 1 !!! thanks for all my new friends help my setup asus a7m266-d mobo
4x512mb buffered kingston pc2100 ecc
2x amd athlon real mps stock1.66
chips runing at 103.F/40.C and my ram at 80.F/27.C at full load and after runing for 3 days str8!!! amd mhz =1725.1 fsb=138 bus=276 multiplier 12.5 l1 data 64 l1 code 64 level 2 256 any help on tuning my pc ??? voltage to get it more stable???

I have my Asus A7M266-D sitting here in my office collecting dust. (Buyers keep falling through.)

It was/is a beast of a system especially if you put Barton mobiles in. It was my baby for a while, even after I had upgraded and bought a new system.

Anyway. Let's start off. What rev is the board? 1.03 or 1.04 etc? If I remember the 1.03 only let's you set the CPU voltage of ONE socket. SO even if you set the jumper for more voltage only 1 CPU gets it, the other get's whatever the CPU has for stock. Obviously this will limit your overclocking so check the board rev.

the MPX chipset on the Asus board never did as well as the Iwill offering. Pretty much 139-142 FSB was the common limit, although a few lucky individuals hit 150 it was rare. So 138 might be the wall. Realistically you are going to have to change the multi somehow. I used the pin mod/wire trick. The socket wire trick is reversable, but some argue in can effect heatsink contact, I never had a problem just so you know.

Like mentioned you can also convert those CPU's to mobile via bridges, and use a program like CyrstalCPUID to change multi, or whatever you like.

What I am saying is: If you have an older rev of the board the Vcore(CPU voltage) is only changed on one of the sockets, the other is stock. You have to modify the bridges on the CPU on the one that is the stock socket to get a higher voltage. If this doesn't apply to you, I'm also saying 138FSB is close to the limit for the Asus board with a MPX chipset(this limit is also dependent on you PCI cards). Other boards got closer to 150, and the Iwill was way higher, this Asus had a hard time, especially the earlier revs.

You are going to have to break down and change the multiplier if you want a higher clock, You may get a few more Mhz on the FSB but that's about it without changing that multi.

As for what CPU voltage? Well I'm not sure what you have, are they Palamino, Throughbred, or Barton? 1.85v won't fry them but I don't think more voltage is your limit right now(i.e. not the CPU), it's the MPX chipset or ECC memory at that speed.

I hate to recommend another forum, but search for a7m266-d at http://www.2cpu.com forums, that's where alot of dually folks hangout that have overclocked this board.

Last edited:
PM about that A7M266-D. If the price is right, I might take it off your hands. I've got two XP2600 mobiles sitting around doing nothing right now. So I either have to sell them, or buy something to put them in.

Back