• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Link to PentiumIII stepping chart

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clevor

Anybody have a link to this chart? The old link refers you to some kind of archive. I can't find the P3 stepping chart there, e.g. SL6KL, DO step, etc.

Hmmm, seems I have a very rare cDO 700E that's not even listed in the Intel chart! Got it in Japan about two years ago. I know it's a cDO due to the 1.75 voltage rating, and the stepping was not on any chart at the time. Plus it had the 'skeletal' translucent green PCB of the cDO 1000EBs ;).

JCLW said:
What's the sSpec?

Sorry, the CPU is buried deep in my closet; I never tested it. I know the stepping was nothing on any chart at the time. I do not see a 700E cDO step even now on that current list.

About two years ago a lot of 850E and 866EBs showed up in Japan garbed in that skeletal PCB. All were cDO steps with 1.75 voltage ratings. Apparently Intel was clearing their inventory of last 1000EB cores. They do rock: one 850E I picked up does 1250 at around 1.85. They basically have 1250-1300 mhz in them.

So I'd imagine this 700E has perhaps 1300 in it if I'm lucky :clap:. I only saw one of these ever in Japan. It was in a pile of cCOs. If I saw two I would have bought both.

I took a look at that cDO 700E I have. Luckily it is in a transparent anti-static bag. It's an SL4ZM. Yup, it's not on the latest Intel list of P3 steppings.

Note the 'SL4Z-' designation is the same as those cDO 850E/866EBs with late 1000EB cores I mentioned earlier. Too bad they never made an 800E with this core. But a 700E is definitely badder! However 1300 mhz would need 185 fsb, so forget it.

Maybe I'll put it on some Tonicom for some 166, 3-3-3- action :D.

http://developer.intel.com/design/pcn/Processors/D0001130.pdf (last page)

An ST6 could get you up ~175FSB if you have some good memory around.

A couple of people around here had some a while back when we used to race the Willamettes with our Tualatins. I still have a Tualeron-1200 (@1600/133FSB) on a TUSL-C with some BGA PC150 - well, it's really my g/fs now. And my mom has a Tualeron-1200 on my old P3B-F. And I still use my PIII-800Es on a P2B-D :)

I still keep a dedicated PentiumIII Coppermine rig. Currently it's populated with a BE6-II RAID.

I have a couple of dual P3 boards: VP-6s, CUV4, and the Acorp, so I usually double up on CPUs. I have 2-3 more 700Es that clock around 1 gig. I still got brand new TUSL-RAIDs, never used.

I'm in Japan and actually, a used Coppermine board will fetch more than an RDRAM board, or an 845E DDR board. Mainly because the last ones in circulation are usually well known overclockers.

I just realized there is promise for a 700E that can hit 185 fsb: my Coppermine RDRAM boards and my CUV266, which runs off DDR. DDR which can hit 185, 2-2-2-5 is easy. But that board has a 1/4th AGP/PCI divider I believe, so it's iffy. Yeah, that's a great board, I stockpiled three of 'em.

Back