• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-7N400-L+XP2600 OCing problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Phoenix87

My XP2600(tbird) tops out at 2260mhz with 1.75v(havent tried anything higher due to stock HSF). I wanna try to squeeze out some extra performance by uping the FSB/memory. The only problem is that I cannot set the multiplyer lower than 11, so I am stuck at 200fsb. I can set the multiplyer anywhere from 11-12.5 but thats it.

Anyone know whats wrong or is that my CPU locked?

You do not need multipliers higher than 12.5 or lower than 11. You will probably need more volts to get higher but if your heat sink is not up to it i suggest getting something better. What are your temps like. Download speedfan as this will give you more accurate readings than the bios or easy tune.

That chip should be unlocked if you can change multi between 11 and 12.5

My temps are fine(for me atleast lol). Idle is 51, load is 56-59c depending on AC.

I should of explained further that if I try and lower the multiplyer lower than 11, my computer wont post. Thats the real problem.

Im using the F5 bios. Ive tried multiplyers as low as 9 and it doesnt post.

This is seriously annyoing! Ive updated to the F11 bios and I still cant use any multiplyers lower than 11! 11.5 works just fine but anything else lower just wont POST.

I found something interesting. If I manually set the FSB to 100mhz I can set the multiplyer to anything I want. Just cant do it with the FSB set to 200mhz.

The switch you are talking about is the clk_sw i presume. There are 2 settings according to the manual OFF for 200 mhz or auto which is for use with 266/333 or 400fsb. Is it the auto that will not let you go below 11.5 on the multi.

Thats correct, but its 11 it wont let me go below. I can change it to anything higher, just my processor cant handle it without higher voltages(which I wont do atm due to cooling setup).

Odd, now its allowed me to lower the multiplyer down to 10.5. Ive upped the FSB to 210 and stable so far.

Glad its ok at the moment. It may be that when you change the multi with the switches the contacts are not connecting properly internaly therfore giving an error when you fire it up. Make sure when you move the dip switches you make sure they are fully home with a positve click.

Back