• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ordering a PSU from the US to UK

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whitebloodcell

Will there be any problems getting a PSU from the US for use in the UK? Im after the Seasonic 500W. Big price difference. The PSU accepts out voltage fine, but I know that North American versions sometimes differ from European, ours have to have PFC It think. Does this make any diference?

Active PFC is a feature that higher quality power supplies offer. And 90% of power supplies commercially available have a 120/230 voltage input selector switch.

the trouble you might have is finding a vendor that will ship to the uk. there aren't very many

blt111 said:
the trouble you might have is finding a vendor that will ship to the uk. there aren't very many

You are right, there arent many! Plus I would have to pay shipping, and undoubtedly Customs Duties, and VAT, all but eliminating the Saving. I am intending for my Dad's friend from the US to get it when he is on leave, then bring it with him to Work, give it to my Dad, and when he eventually comes home, I'll have it! (all this for the sake of £20, I am having second thoughts)

Back