• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mushkin redline WOW...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nebulous said:
Dayum! :eek: Wish I had the l00t for a pair of those. :drool:
hehe i am actaully looked to buy ram these may be it when they come out

"THE REDLINE MODULES ARE DESIGNED TO RUN AT HIGHER VOLTAGES UP TO 3.5V AND SUFFICIENT COOLING IS A REQUIRED"
what is sufficient cooling

Screenshots and 'benchable' results are nice to see, but it doesn't do us much good if it isn't useable in a machine for day-to-day activity. How about 24/7 stability?

Don't expect to get a 275 MHz overclock from your Mushkin Redline - not a daily useable one anyways. It's amazing to see that these sticks scale so high (~288! But... with 3.8V, and not stable), and quite impressive to see results in the 270's that are Pi stable and benchable. But for 24/7 stable use, thse sticks would end up running around ~10 MHz slower.

Charlie

It's really clean and "usable" in the 270's... running even "long" computations into teh mid-270's.

The 'screenshot hype' can only dissapoint :-/. Don't buy memory with high expectations.

Yeah, given those results, that is around what I would expect from those sticks stable as well.

260 MHz is quite far from the 'screenshot hyped' results we see all over the place.

well depending on how u look at it, and how u gauge stability, this is a 32m super pi shot. This was run at 3.45-3.5 I can't quite remember but I'm leaning towards 3.45v

attachment.php

Also, I'd like to point out that we see alot of TCCD results in the 300+ range that I suspect is not 24/7 stable but non-the-less gets alot of hype. What is exciting about these modules is the ability to hold tight latency with rated speeds of PC4000 for really little to no price premium over TCCD. While TCCD might be nice for some, this Redline might be nice for others. It's nice to have the choice, and the ability to bench higher should u choose to.

Back