• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock or Upgrade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ktown

I have Intel (Freeman)ZX Mobo w/433MHz Celeron r1 (370pin -66MHz FSB)Stop Laughing... Can this be overclocked? If not what would be the fastest processer I could safely upgrade to?

Sandra

I've tried running that program before. It unfortunatly resulted in windows errors. I will try to redownload and run it again....thanks

I believe taht a ZX chipset is the trimmed-down version of the ultra-cool BX chipset!:D If so, you should be able to use any of the Celeron chips, and probably all the Pentium 3 'E' chips as well! I sure hope I am right, that would be a very easy upgrade path for you. I could very well be mistaken, been a lot of chipsets over the years:) Maybe check out the Intel homepage or email them to be sure!

Good Luck!

be aware of, that the ZX chipset might not support 100MHz FSB - which does limit your choice of cpu's. (P3E is at 100MHz and P3EB at 133MHz FSB) But check the mobos specs. at producers homepage...

BTW your celeron 433 would likely work fine at 487,5MHz (6,5*75MHz) and maybe even at 6,5*83 - resulting in 539MHz - keep in mind that the voltage easily may be increased to 2,2volt.

ktown said:
I have Intel (Freeman)ZX Mobo w/433MHz Celeron r1 (370pin -66MHz FSB)Stop Laughing... Can this be overclocked? If not what would be the fastest processer I could safely upgrade to?
You're not giving much information. What brand of motherboard do you have? I can't tell if you're saying you have an Intel mobo with a zx chipset or a non Intel board with a zx chipset. It makes a difference because you can't overclock a motherboard that is manufactured by Intel.

If i were you, i'd upgrade that to an 800+ Celeron.

Just in case you cant overclock, the 100mhz FSB is a lot nice than the old 66.

Back