• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raida

If you have 2 sticks of pc 2700 333mhz ram in your comp and add a gig of 3200 400mhz stick in there will it work together fine or do you need to add all same type both are ddr

ya trying to setup comp for new age games coming. I figure it would be good to have 2gigs of ram since my proc is 2ghz and iam using a ati radeon 9800 i figure if i get more ram the games should run smooth without me having to touch the proc or the card

edit: so its prob better to save some cash and just buy 333 gig stick right?

You don't need 2gigs to run games fine. 1gig is more than enough, bro.

In one more year ram prices will be down so low that you woulda rather waited. Buy 2x512, not 2gigs. That's my opinion, and I'm sure others would agree. UNLESS you need it for something other than games, but with games nowadays 1gig will be strong.

If you're going to upgrade anything, get a mobo & processor that support dual channel memory, and then get 2 X 512mb of ram & run them dual channel. 1gig is more than enough right now.

Back