• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help! agp problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spazzkid

last night, i suddenly had the urge to open up my rig... i fixed the clutter inside, taped the wires, removed the cards, did a general cleaning. when i put all the cards back in the mobo, i powered it up... it made the "agp error" sound (beeeeep, beep beep beep)... so i unseated and seated it again... then powered up... still the same... i did this over and over again... but to no avail... wut do u think is the problem here?

thanx a mucho
spazzkid

how do u know that is the AGP error bip?
does the computer stuck at this? u cant boot it right?
no img on the screen??
i think it can be your DRAM, try reseating it if you removed it before.
also, once you touched the wires, recheck IDE cables.

Well at least on the motherboards I've had the video error sound is in fact one long beep followed by 3 short beeps. I've heard it often when my power supply wasn't powerful enough to start my computer up initially. I'd have to turn it off then back on and it would boot up. I did have a few occassions when it would do as you described and not start back up no matter how hard I tried. Come back a day later and it would start up fine. Only real suggestion I have is just double check all your connections. Reseat everything including RAM and CPU and just try again. Could also try putting the vid card in another computer to see if its fried or not. If it works then try putting another card in your computer to see if it's the AGP. Whatever you do good luck to ya.

Back