• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

San Diego and ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe current bios not compatible????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

abacus01

I just got off the phone with ASUS and they are telling me that the current San Diego core 3700 Rev E. wont boot up with their boards...they suck. In order to make it boot you have to pay an extra 20 dollars to get the eprom chip? Im wondering what everyone who has this combo is doing if they dont have an older chip to put in put into the motherboard to flash the bios...Im really annoyed about this..dont see why I have to spend more money on this motherboard....will a program called amdflash work from a floppy boot?
:bang head

I dont have another CPU to borrow...but if the system can post it can be updated thru a floppy flash program Im told...but it sucks that I have to spend 20 bucks just to get an eprom chip....asus should provide it for free or the company should make good on it...I wont be buying from extremepcgear again as they want 15 per cent restocking fees even if you dont open the item up....

did you try the newest BIOS I htink it it is 1007 or 1008 that has support for Rev E, and no you don't need a floppy for the Asus board... boot with a USB stick...

Any local places you can get a proc from? If you posted your location, a local O/C member might even be close to you and be willing to help you out with borrowing a processor.

Back