• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Verzion Wireless Broadband

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J_5

Registered
Does any one have this or know of anyone that uses it..? Verzion Wireless Broadband
The coverage looks to be ok on the eastcoast( where I am) and I was curious how reliable this really is?
Also, which one of their Wireless Cards would be the best? Can you only use their card to connect to their network? Or could I also use it at home to connect to my wireless network?

Thanks for the help

Last edited:
this is also known as an AirCard, and no you cannot use it, or i havent come across that you can use it on your home network, and i would only recommend this if you need to for somereason be doing internet surfing on ocforums.com while driving down the road (not recommended) or some type of business trasactions etc. and these are mainly derived on cell networks, hence they are sold and run by cell companys. and when i have people call my tech support and they cannot get connected to our service (un-named =-) ) i usually have the person ping our servers and i usually see pings anywhere from 600ms and above, ive seen a max avg so far of 1,200ms which SUX, and in some cases you can even have trouble browsing webpages b/c the web server will only wait so long for your computer to respond. also you'll some what be dependent on weather, if its storming outside pretty heavily, more than likely you WILL have connectivity issues or have extreme latency un heard of in this world lol.

So..it other works, it sucks? lol. I was looking at it mostly because I travel sometimes for work and would like to be able to connect to my VPN where ever I go. And also using it here (Cincinnati,Ohio) for when I am around school or around town to surf the internet/connect to work once in a while.

J_5 said:
So..it other works, it sucks? lol. I was looking at it mostly because I travel sometimes for work and would like to be able to connect to my VPN where ever I go. And also using it here (Cincinnati,Ohio) for when I am around school or around town to surf the internet/connect to work once in a while.

well depending on the area, if you walk around with your laptop and a wireless card in it, it'll pop up and say that it detects a wirelss network, like starbucks has wirelss access points you can log into, and airports do too, personally i just dont think its worth it, depending on your cell company and options,also like i said, if you really need to do stuff online or communicate, you can get it, but for a VPN, i dont think the VPN server would sustain a connection like that, you might have to talk to an IT tech for your VPN and see how long the server will wait until it disconnects. also you can buy a kit to use your cell phone as a wirelss modem for your laptop, which will provide about the same results, which might be cheaper, if you do go ahead with it.

Back