• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Venice not reconized in CPU-Z and can't run dual channel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

<<Spider>>

Does anyone know why the memory on the Venice is indicating single channel on CPU-z and at boot up? How come the core name is not in CPU-Z?

I've used CPU-Z version 125 and 127 and same thing.

Yeah when I got my venice I had to go from 1.27 to 1.28 for it to read the chip right

1.28 shows the Venice but i still can get my ram to run dual. I've tried different RAM slots but just the same. Do you think it's my RAM?

If both RAM sticks are in the correct slots and are the same size and preferably speed and timings you should be set. Where are you checking to see if dual channel is working?

I think it's my RAM. It's indicating single channel at boot up and in CPU-Z. Same brand "Crucial" and specs but got them at different times (6 months difference) and so there is a small difference. One is single sided rams and the other is double sided. Runs DDR fine but can not seem to be able to run dual channel.

It works fine on the XP-mobile system but seem to have trouble on the Venice system. Probably just going to keep it for the XP-mobile system and get some G.skill PC4400 for the Venice. Just not sure if I need the GBLD or GBLC.

<<Spider>> said:
One is single sided rams and the other is double sided. Runs DDR fine but can not seem to be able to run dual channel.

One of the specifications of running ram in dual channel is that it has to have the same sided configuration. IE two single sided, or two double sided. You can't run a single and double in dual channel.

Back