• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sapphire Radeon 9600 AGP problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ace

Registered
I have this card and i can't set AGP speed. In control panel it is AGP status: off, Ican't set 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x. If iset it and reboot, it is the sam elike before reboot. I try many drivers, uninstalling SMARTGART, changing setting in bios and everything work not. I had HIS 9600 Radeon and everything was ok. I use Asus A7V600SE with Via KT600 chipset. Any ideas??? :shrug:

You need to completely uninstall chipset drivers and video cards drivers. Then, install chipset drivers first then the video drivers. Must be in that order.

Yeah, he's right. Your GART driver is screwed for someone reason. You need to get that installed properly. If you absolutly can not get it to work borrow someone elses video card and confirm that the AGP settings work. If they don't then it means your motherboard is a little toasted. It's nothing big though. Just run it on the PCI bus driver how it is now. THe performance loss is little to none. I am doing this now for my nf7-s v2 and I have no performance loss whatsoever with my graphics card between mine and my brothers identical system and the GART driver works fine in his rig.

I've just solved the problem. I used Driver Cleaner 3.0 for deleting previously installed drivers. I change VGA in my computer a lot and it was a mess in. Since Nowember I have 6. card in it. :cool:

Back