• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XBox 360 Hardware talk and specs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

germanjulian

The polygon performance of the Xbox 360 is as high as 500 million triangles per second, which means the Xbox 360 can process some 1.5 billion vertices per second. In comparison, the GeForce 6800 Ultra can process 600 million vertices per second. Want more numbers? The Xbox 360 has a pixel fillrate of 16 gigasamples per second using 4X multisampling anti-aliasing (MSAA) and a shader performance of 48 billion shader operations per second.
One of the surprises we found when checking the Xbox 360 innards was its cooling solution. To keep things quiet and cool, Microsoft has designed a liquid cooling system that dynamically adjusts the flow of the liquid and the speed of the fans depending on the temperature and power consumption.

http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/1145/The-Xbox-360-Dissected/p1/

All in all I am very impressed. Gotta say ... I am getting one!

Last edited:
i have a thread in watercooling, and theres also threads in gaming and general discussion. i dont think its really watercooling, just heatpipes.
check out the video here www.ourcolony.net

i think design is fine, thou as you say it could be better; then again many things could be better. what do you want to see in a xbox360?

So apparently they decided to upgrade the gamecube for xbox 360? Don't mean a flame or anything but really:

Powerpc processor(s)
eDram
ati video

did I miss anything? I will be more interested when I see a good game (I mean atleast somewhat playable) on the horizon I will get excited.

How is the xbox gpu so powerful. Why the heck don't we have that stuff for PCs?

Is there anybody else out there who is a bit freaked out by the fact that the 360 has so many features and costs the fraction of the price of anything else like it? There isn't anything like it. I'm kind of excited about it, but the 360 is freaking me out :eek:

i have no idea. before, there was a video with all the xbox 360 info, now its not showing up, sorry

kayson said:
How is the xbox gpu so powerful. Why the heck don't we have that stuff for PCs?
Because it's dedicated hardware. When you only have to work with one setup for a game, you can do some kick-*** things with video and other hardware.

Back