• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CD Writer Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bon3thugz43v3r

So I have a LITE-ON LTR-401255 that has worked great for me. For awhile I was deprived of CD-R's and didn't burn much. So today I decide to burn a cd and I run into a little issue. My drive is rated at 40x12x48 and for some reason 32x is the highest write speed I can use. I'm just curious as to why I can't burn at 40x? I remember that I used to be able to. BTW I use Nero 6 to burn cd's.

What are your disks highest rated burn speed? I know I have some disks that wont let me burn at the max speed of my drive (they are DVD's but...) Maybe thats it. If not then you could always make sure you update the driver. Hope it helps

Are you using the same discs as when you did your 40x burns?
Have you tried those same discs with other burner?
There are burners that cannot write some discs at their rated speeds. There are always some incompatibilities. That's why firmware are released every now and then, to make sure the burners recognise the discs as they should.

As has been mentioned, check the disks.

There really isnt a huge difference between 32x and 40x. Maybe 10-20 seconds max.

I'm using 52x Memorex cd's. Same cd's I've always used...I know its not that big of a difference but it just bothers me not knowing why this is happening. Do u think their could be firmware for my LITE-ON that would fix this?

Edit: Upgraded firmware and now I can burn at 40x. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Back