• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need memory for my new Asus A8V deluxe !!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bigeasy2218

Registered
I have just recently purchased some upgrades for my PC :

Asus A8V deluxe
AMD 64 3200+
Seagate 80 gig sata ( for OS )
Seagate 160 gig Ide ( for files )
Evga 6800 GT ( from old system )

I have Geil PC3200 ( 400 mhz ) memory in my system now I was wondering what would be a good set of ram for this board I am wanting 1 gig to 2 gigs so whatever you guys put out there would be great thanks.

Well, a little more specific on what you have and I can help a little more. I am inclined to say buy what you have now. Geil PC3200 value sticks are dirt cheap at the moment. I think they are around $90 for a gig. So, that would be an inexpensive way to get you to two gigs of ram. Any reason why you need 2gb?

-Collin-

I was wondering if there was any benifit to getting say PC 3700 ram over PC 3200 ram. I will not be overclocking this board at all, I mostly play games ( halflife 2, farcry ) and surf the web. I was thinking about picking up some OCZ rev. 2 but I was waiting on everyones comments.

If your not going to overclock, then I would stick with some value ram. Rev 2 Platinum are mainly for overclocking, it is kind off a waste of you don't overclock :)

ok cool so just get more of what I have. and I will be set I have 1 gig now and 2 gigs should be good enough for games and web browsing.

Mate,

1Gb is sufficient for games. You will be wasting your money on 2Gb. Instead, pick up a 6800GT or any X800Pro/XL if you want exceptional gaming performance :)

Super Nade said:
Mate,

1Gb is sufficient for games. You will be wasting your money on 2Gb. Instead, pick up a 6800GT or any X800Pro/XL if you want exceptional gaming performance :)

I agree, better video card > more RAM.

Eldonko said:
I agree, better video card > more RAM.

: I have just recently purchased some upgrades for my PC :

Asus A8V deluxe
AMD 64 3200+
Seagate 80 gig sata ( for OS )
Seagate 160 gig Ide ( for files )
Evga 6800 GT ( from old system ) <----- I already have this.

I just didnt know if there was a benifit to having high priced ram on a board such as this.

Back