• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer shuts off at the loading

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BioTuned

I currently building a water cooled rig and yesterday i had almost completed. i wanted to test everything before i make final touches to it. so hooked it up and fired it up and it go to bios screen, then to ide search screen then it just shut offs. It keeps doing that. i tried that for about 5 times and same thing. it doesnt even go to the windows loader. can anyone tell me what is going on. thanks.

did you try unplugging EVERYTHING that is not necessary including power to your HD's and cdroms... could be a power droop, could be what was mentioned above^^ can you get into bios? have you resetted bios? have you removed all but 1 chip of ram.. mess with it and make SURE nothing is wet. i didnt know until it was too late but the pipes to my wb were sliiiiightly leaking, i mean a drip every hour but the drip was landing right on my NB and NB heatsink... really check for leaks! worst comes to worst, remove the watercooling and put your stock HSF and try it again

i think i know what the problem is. my water block is touching a couple of the caps, maybe that is causing it shut down. im gunna have to trim the block a little so it wouldn't come in contact with it. if that is not that and not the bios then something is wrong. and i hope it's one of them. imy specs on are my sig except for HSF

no one my pipes are leaking, i did 27hr test and nothing was leaking. i went now then to check for leakage during the test.

Back