• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

atigamerguy

Ok as you can see in my sig I have a 3000+ running at 250x9 with a ddr333 divider, because I thought my ram was crappy. But to my surprise my Kingston value ram can run at 240mhz 1:1 ratio. I ran memtest86 for around two hours and got no errors. Since my agp:pci lock craps out at 250mhz is it better to run my ram at 240mhz 1:1 or at 250mhz with a divider.

I don't get how an AGP/PCI lock disables itself after 250mhz. Are you sure this is happening?

In any case, it depends on how loose the timings are. If you're doing low latency at 200mhz (like 2-3-2-5), but extremely loose at 240 (like 3-5-5-9), it may be better to use the divider.

experiment and see what is faster for what you use your comp for.

Im using the same latencey I have them at 2-3-3-7. And I think everyone with the abit av8 has their agp:pci lock crap out at around 250-260 mhz. So should I keep it as it is or use the divider?

IMO the 9x250 with a divider is faster. The extra 90mhz of clock speed should more than make up for the slower ram.

I think ill stick to the 240x9 for some reason it feels alot smoother on half life 2 and far cry. My pc does not crash anymore like it used to on half life 2 death match. I think the extra bandwith helped me out a bit. Besides im gonna buy a gig of ddr500 later on so I could run at 250mhz with tighter timings.

Set a divider.Like 5:4 for example to find your cpu limits.As you say the mems are error free in 240fsb correct?I think its your cpu.Try raise the vcore and fry him .....:p

My cpu has hit 2.3ghz but whenever I set the htt to over 255 it runs windows fine then when I run 3d its all distoted. In the abit forums almost all the people are having the same trouble as I am most of them cant get over 220htt. I think its the agp : pci lock but some say its abits crappy mobos. And ive tried everything from putting 1.6volts on the cpu and lower the ldt to 3 or 2x and still no go.

Back