• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what mobo to take? A64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Big One

DFI ultra-d or MSI NE4 PLATINIUM
i just wanna good 250-260 OC
nothing too big
mem : twinmos speed primiu Bh-5

DFI is the difinitive overclocker for any a64 rig, it will also be able to pump the high voltage your SP's will need to attain the clocks you want with the simple change of a jumper so you won't need a Booster. also it carries a very large amount of RAM options in the bios. i would suggest a dfi over anything else if going a64

but i don't know if i wanna go on DFI just becouse its a kickass OC bord
the MSI will give me the same 250+ i want

go with dfi, dfi allowes voltages pass 3.3 for vdimm which will work nicely with your bh5.

The Big One said:
but do they offer other things or just OC

Depends on what you feel is important. The problem with the DFI if there is one is that it offers EVERYTHING. It has ALL the good features and ALL the bios settings to make it completely tweakable and the undiputed overclocling champion. The bottom line is this means it is not a simple board to setup. A DFI owner needs to be able to invest enough time to learn how to setup the board. It requires some study even from people who have vast past overclocking experience.

If you are really looking for a modest overclock then I think the DFI is overkill.
Almost any A64 board will reach the speeds you suggest. The DFI board is made for the hardcore overclocker and that is the only person who should buy one.

You have to decide if you are hardcore or not. Be honest with yourself. There is no wrong answer.

Back