• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Condensation or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flow

I plan to change the setup of my watercooled rig as soon as I've recieved my new Maze2 block.
I tought of putting a second reservoir between my radiator and the waterblock. I will use this second reservoir to insert icepacks.
But now that I think about it, will this cause condensation on my waterblock? If so I'm affraid it's not worth it. I want to keep things simple. And doing the socket mod with the foam and all that is by no means simple.

Suggestions?

Whenever something is cooled to a lower temp than the air around it, you can get condensation, waterproofing is a pain, and the extra maintenance necessary (adding ice) means its probably not worth the effort

I think done correctly, sealing the waterblock is very effective. Unfortunately I screwed up major the first time, and it cost me a cpu&mobo, but Ice is definately not the way to go, :) I tried it :), if you do decide to seal, then go all out and get a killer pelt or two :)

Hmmm, yes...
But if I have sub-ambient water, does that inevitably mean my waterblock will be sub-ambient as well?
The waterblock is the only thing that matters since everything else will be outside my case.

If you have sub-ambient water pumping through the water block, then you will have condensation on it and the lines going to/from it. No doubt about it.

Random Nonsense said:
Whenever something is cooled to a lower temp than the air around it, you can get condensation, waterproofing is a pain, and the extra maintenance necessary (adding ice) means its probably not worth the effort

damn skippy, sounds like too much work to me

Back