• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a New AAR Guy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xenocide

im stepping down, i just don't have the time, school is over, i have all these aar parts, and can't get them working.

i don't own any more desktop rigs to troubleshoot the parts, exams are now, ect.

day after exams end i start working 60+ hours a week :eh?:

i need a well respected member of the folding team to step up and get this program running again.

get me on aim or icq.

I say send it to Arkaine.

If you can't find someone to take them, I will for you.

I'll hold them, 'n if possible work with matt to get them all working. *note* THIS IS NOT ME STEPPING UP, I still too work 40 hours plus am fixing up a house, but I'll get the current parts working at the least if needed

I dont mind getting them working as i have a dedicated area (and an extra KVM port), im well stocked with misc items (screws, PCI vid cards, etc) I have spare socket a boards, one PSU for testing, some sdram, some DDR, a spare hard drive also for testing. The only thing though, is i dont have time for the delagating of who will host them. I work 50+ hours/week myself and have two kids. Im not saying my time is more valuable than anyone elses, but i dont wish to bite off more than i can chew. Anyhow Ill touch basis with you and see if it can be worked out. This program was/is a very good idea and it would be a shame to see it go away.

If you can get hold of arkaine, send them to him. I'm near enough him that I could go help him get the stuff set up and help him keep it up to date.(its only a 45 minute or so drive.... as far as i drive to work)....

I'm willing to take them and convert what we have into more working AAR rigs, than ship them out, not willing to keep runnin it past that though

Xenocide said:
Im looking more for an AAR guy to run it.

almost ANYONE here wants free parts....

Parts should be sent to the person that can build it and run it.

No sense in shipping it twice.

How many potential machines do you have?
I have two open slots left on my router.I can run and maintain two 24/7.
Electricity is no problem and I have airconditioning in that room.

i could possibly handle it, but someone needs to explain what all ill be doing and the costs ill be incurring.
i do have a pretty good support team around me though which i know would do whatever it takes.
thanks mark

rhino56 said:
i could possibly handle it, but someone needs to explain what all ill be doing and the costs ill be incurring.
i do have a pretty good support team around me though which i know would do whatever it takes.
thanks mark

Costs are what ever it takes to run the machine, internet and electricty.

The parts ship to you at no charge, but if you want to get rid of it, you have to pay to ship to the next person.

{PMS}fishy said:
Costs are what ever it takes to run the machine, internet and electricty.

The parts ship to you at no charge, but if you want to get rid of it, you have to pay to ship to the next person.

I believe rhino is asking how much it would cost him to administrate the AAR....
Wich by your description would not be much.

i could run a few, but my room gets so hot its crazy, i can handle shipping out rigs to hosts and managing it. i couldnt personally run more than 4 rigs max folding though.

man, maybe i just have no communcation skills.

im looking for someone to RUN the program.

NOT RUN COMPUTERS!!

Back