• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pocket pc benchmarks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Actually, it's a good way to test the differences between processors, such as the Samsung chipset and Intel's XScale chipset. When the 400Mhz XScale hit the market, it was faster Mhz wise, but users noted little if any speed improvements over Samsung's 266Mhz processor, which is rumored to be more effecient (sounds like a throwback to the AMD vs. Intel speed ratings for PPC's).

Additionally, you can overclock your PPC and gain some pretty noticeable performance improvements. I run my H4355 at 530Mhz by increasing the bus speed to 265Mhz when playing games and watching videos, as there is a large increase in frame rate gained by doing it. I use XCPUScalar to overclock mine.

If you want even more overclocking options, there is a program called Pocket Hack Master that let's you fine-tune your bus speeds and multipliers manually, as well as giving you options to overclock using pre-programmed ratios.

So don't knock it til ya've tried it. ;)

wow, I didn't ever think about oc'ing a pocket pc, but I won't threadcrap, so good luck to you, should you try it :thup:

Got mine up to 530Mhz stable with XCPUScalar. Never tried Pocket Hack Master to see if I could squeeze any more out of it. Unit is up on eBay now, so I guess I'll never know. Gotta love a 30%+ overclock, though, regardless of what it's on. =D

Back