• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raptor Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krzysd

Registered
Ok, so i bought a new Cpu with a new motherboard, also got new raptor SATA HD.

I read all of sata 101 thread and did what it said but then i get to the install OS screen and it doesn't show up.

I goto windows right click My Computer>Manage, still doesnt show up.

I never set up a SATA so i dont know how to do it.

The HD also seems like it does not spin idk if its not till you install it or what.

dont know what i should turn on in the bios but i did turn on the onboard sata.

My Specs are

mobo: GIGABYTE GA-K8NS Ultra-939
cpu: 3200+ Winchester?
ram: Corsairs pc3200 1gb

Please Help if you can THANKS.

yeah i know that says it on the drive, but i just got my second Rma from newegg drive wasnt even powering up. kinda stupid cause before it was the same thing. i got a 500W Ultra-X Connect. i tried both power cables sata and regular molex (not at the same time) and it still did nothing.

idk i must be retarded somehow

pins are in tact and even if they wern't would the regular molex work? but i just RMAed the drive again! so we'll see what happens when i get it back.

ok i got the drive RMAed love newegg no questions, but ok now that i have the drive i hook it up normally. turn off the computer, plug in power, then plug in the sata cable. go to bios enable sata. and boot to windows and i should see it. i will do this tomorrow if anyone else can help me or come see it for them selfs if there in the area i would apprecate that alot.
Thanks,
Chris

Back